I made this quick and easy guide for lengthening the life of handmade soap for anyone annoyed by how quickly their new bar of soap seemingly vanished! These are my tips for how to make handmade soap last longer. I hope this helps reduce waste and encourages everyone with this experience to give handmade soap a second try.
Image Description: Two soaps stacked on a counter with a body brush on top.
How to Lengthen the Life of Your Handmade Soap
Handmade soap doesn’t last as long as synthetic detergent bars from the store, however, you can lengthen their life by switching up how you store and use them!
- Store them on a dish with airflow and proper drainage
- Avoid leaving them in the shower or bathtub. Water will dissolve them
- Use a loofah, rag, or sponge to suds up
- Avoid putting them under running water for too long
- Lather in your hands and set the bar down before scrubbing your body
- Keep soap in a dry, cool area when in storage
- Allow soap to “cure” longer by leaving it in a dry spot with good airflow
Moth and Toad Co