There are moments when we feel completely overwhelmed by anxiety, frustration, and moodiness, regardless of how hard we try to keep ourselves balanced. While these moments will pass on their own eventually, I designed this tea blend to help ease us out of our discomfort in a gentle yet quick way. I combined cooling nervines with a powerful adaptogen and a hormone balancing herb to help reduce stress over time as well as in the moment. This tea may be a good fit for you if you find yourself on edge, irritable, and moody, especially if hormones are playing a part. I created it for one of my siblings just starting to go through puberty to help her feel more in control of her emotions and capable of steadying herself even in times of intense frustration. She has reported back that it does help, and she enjoys the taste! I encourage you to research these herbs individually before trying the blend to get a sense of what you can expect from it, and to further connect to them. Let me know what you think of this blend and how you would prepare it for yourself!
A quick disclaimer before we move on: this post is not medical advice. If you are experiencing any kind of serious distress, talk with a healthcare professional. Do not use this blend if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a healthcare professional before beginning any herbal supplements or tea blends, especially if you are part of an at-risk group.
Herbal Tea Blend for Moodiness and Anxiety
- food processor or coffee grinder optional (chop ingredients well)
- kitchen scale
- sealable container
- 1 oz schisandra berries dried
- 1 oz lemon balm leaves dried
- 1 oz milky oat tops dried
- 0.5 oz passion flower leaves dried
- 0.5 oz chamomile flowers dried
- 1. measure out all of your ingredients using your kitchen scale and add to food processor.
- 2. Pulse your food processor until you are left with a coarse tea. Mix well and add to your sealable container.
- 3. To enjoy, add 1 tbsp. of tea to a tea bag or tea strainer and steep in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Add honey, pure maple syrup, or sugar to taste and sip slowly. Brew 2-3 cups a day as needed.
This tea is full of nervines, so it may make you feel sleepy, calm, and relaxed. If you find yourself experiencing adverse reactions to this blend, stop using it immediately and consult a doctor or herbalist about your experiences.
I hope you enjoy this blend as much as my sister has, and find it to be helpful in managing your emotions. Let me know if you try it, and please share this post so others can try it out, too! Below are a few of my favourite brands to shop from. I personally like Mountain Rose Herbs the most!
My Affiliate Links:
If you’d like to support me, feel free to use these affiliate links when shopping! If you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This goes towards the upkeep of this blog and continuing to make more content for you to enjoy! Thank you!
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Amazon (Homepage)
- Starwest Botanicals (Amazon Affiliate)
- Frontier Co-Op (Amazon Affiliate)